Fiona Druce's Reviews > The Siren's Song

The Siren's Song by Jennifer Bray-Weber

May 09, 12

Read from April 21 to May 01, 2012

This was a very sweet book. The characters are enjoyable and the situations exciting. Perhaps the most awesome bit of the book, however, is the banter. The author has a way with dialogue! Furthermore- while I’m no expert at speaking “Pirate”- the author seems to have taken a good deal of time really working on the accuracy of her verbiage. The fight scenes were realistic, as well, which really added to the excitement.

While it’s not one of my favorites, I certainly did enjoy the book. The heroine is most definitely far from perfect and in a sort of off-the-beaten-path kind of way. The hero’s issues are, while sad, within the realm of “normal” for romance heroes. However, the author does a good job individualizing the hero and the heroine. Note that if you’re looking for some physical intimacy between h/h, this book won’t be your cup of tea. While there’s some activity, it’s not satisfying. For anyone involved.

I think the fast pace of the book does tend to strip out the connection to the characters just a touch, however, and I wasn’t sure I believed the change of hearts that I read.

Still, it was a cute way to spend my time and I’d recommend it as a simple “Beach Read” if you want a quick adventure, some lively characters and to be whisked away on a Pirate’s ship for an afternoon!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Siren's Song.