Amber's Reviews > The Trouble With Tink

The Trouble With Tink by Kiki Thorpe

Apr 21, 2012

did not like it
bookshelves: different-cover, edit, read-to-kids, unfinished-or-abandoned
Read on April 21, 2012

Even if your little darling loves fairies and Tinkerbell, don't read this rubbish to her. It is insipid, bland, dull, silly, gender-stereotyped and sends bad messages about friendship, confidence and talent. Plus the version we borrowed from the library has "Disneyficated" illustrations, which means Tinkerbell has pouty lips, pencil-thin eyebrows, wasp waist, giant doe eyes, and a backless, strapless outfit. I see other editions of this book at least have beautiful illustrations by Judith Holmes Clarke.

(Also, I think this edition is condensed, as compared to an excerpt of another edition I found online)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Trouble With Tink.

Heather Brooks Usually kids like books about fairies, they enjoy magic and all of the other things in fairy tales. There fun and can lift your spirit.

Amber I don't have a problem with books about fairies, fairytales and magic. There are plenty of good ones out there. Disney can do better: Brave and Frozen for example.