Tyler-rose (The Reading Pile)'s Reviews > When Dreams Come True

When Dreams Come True by Rebecca Emin

Jul 15, 14

bookshelves: enjoyed, for-review
Read from April 21 to 22, 2012

Review can be found at: www.the-reading-pile.blogspot.co.uk

I received this book from the author earlier this week, though since I was going back to college to start the exam period, I wasn't sure when exactly I'd get to pick this book up. I was lucky enough to have completed all my work and have this weekend free allowing me the time to read When Dreams Come True. I must admit, after reading Rebecca Emin's debut novel (New Beginnings) I didn't think I'd enjoy this book much - mostly due to the writing style (the books are aimed at readers slightly younger than myself).

However, despite my previous worries I absolutely loved When Dreams Came True. I couldn't put it down, and the only times I did was when my eyes hurt so I was tired. In one day I was able to finish the book showing how good a read it is.

Charlie's Aunty Jenny is taken into hospital ill, forcing her parents to go stay in Devon with her whilst she lives at her friends house. Every weekend she took the trip down to her Aunt's house in hopes of seeing her, and in hopes of her getting better.

Whilst there, Charlie discovers old family secrets and as the title suggests her dreams start to come true.

Max and Toby are interesting as they are Charlie's closest guy friends, and definitely have an interesting relationship as a threesome. Despite her obvious (to the reader) feelings for Max, Charlie insists the three are simply friends.

Well, as much as I wish the novel was longer, it isn't so I have to rate it on what I read - which was great!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Dreams Come True.