Kathleen (Kat) Smith's Reviews > Eyes of Justice

Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl

The Triple Threat was how they would always refer to themselves. It began after they met at a restaurant for dinner and ordered the most expensive dessert on the menu. Three forks for three amazing ladies that went to school together but never had anything in common until now.

Cassidy Shaw was beautiful and in the public eye as often as she could be. As a top crime reporter for Channel Four, she was known as aggressive in her pursuit of justice for the underdogs. Making sure that she followed any leads possible to make sure that criminals would never get off on a technicality and if they did, she made sure that the public didn't forget about the victim.

Nicole Hedges, is an up and coming top FBI agent now working in Portland, Oregon. Her boyfriend Leif Larson is also an FBI agent and they work well together covering one another's backs when it's necessary.

Allison Pierce is a federal prosecutor, married to a man named Marshall. She and Marshall have been trying to have children but they seem to end up in miscarriage. Her younger sister Lindsay is a recovering addict, trying to stay sober for a year now so she can open a coffee cart in the heart of downtown Portland. Now with Allison's help in co-signing for a loan, she just may make a future for herself.

When Cassidy receives a phone call advising her of a police cover-up involving her ex-boyfriend Rick, also a Portland Police Officer, she is more than interested. It seems when Cassidy went public with Rick's physical abuse, he escaped with a mild counseling session for his anger issues. Now if Cassidy can finally prove that Rick isn't the honest cop he appears to be, she may get the justice she needs. Only when this informant is afraid of retaliation, Cassidy offers to meet him at her apartment. However, when she turns up dead, Allison and Nicole are out to ensure that whatever happened to Cassidy does not fall through the cracks.

In the latest crime suspense thriller, Eyes of Justice by Lis Wiehl and April Henry, the three women are about to get their toughest case yet. Following all kinds of clues in this cat and mouse mystery is what really appeals to the reader. Just when you think you're on the right path, you find you're in a dead end and the ride takes off in a completely different direction. More than 2/3rds of the way through, I still hadn't figured it out and then I got turned around again. I LOVE THIS! I want to be completely challenged. The supporting characters are believable and seeing Nicole and Allison trying to work together to uncover clues is believable considering they aren't allowed to be part of the investigation or risk being fired.

I received this book compliments of Planned TV Arts for my honest review and couldn't put it down. I love a great Christian Murder Suspense Mystery and this one really appealed to me. I would rate this one a 5 out of 5 stars. I can't wait to read more from this incredibly talented author Lis Wiehl, who is not only a New York Times Best-Selling Author but also a Fox News Legal Analyst.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eyes of Justice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K. (new) - rated it 5 stars

K. L. Great review! I loved this one too! This is an incredible series.