Martha Bryce's Reviews > Knockout!

Knockout! by Emma Calin

F_50x66
Apr 21, 12

Read in April, 2012

I didn't give this book 5 stars because there were some editing errors that drove me nuts. I understand that I am obsessive about proper grammar and spelling and that these little irritants may be easy for you to pass over but they make me crazy! That said, this was a read that really packs a wallop! Detective Inspector Anna Leyton grew up privileged, part of a wealthy family with a yacht building business. She left it all behind because she wanted to make a difference and believed that being a cop was the best place to do that. After a hard climb up that included a major career setback and an affair with one of her superiors that ended badly, Anna is assigned to a new task force. Before that job really begins,life throws her into the arms of a gorgeous giant of a man, Freddie La Salle. Freddie is half French, the World Champion professional boxer with the soul of a poet, getting ready for the last title fight of his life. Sparks fly, clothes fly off, and both are thunder bolted with love, neither knowing what the other does for a living. He is her perfect man; she is his ideal woman - until she goes into work the next day. That task force to which she was assigned? It's investigating organized crime in professional boxing and Freddie is going to be carefully scrutinized. Can their love survive the investigation? It's a wild ride and a lot of lusty fun finding out!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knockout!.