Lois's Reviews > The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women

The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women by Valerie Young

Aug 03, 12

Read from June 23 to August 03, 2012

Every woman in business should read this book, in fact everyone should read this book! The author deftly combines humor with research to fill us in on and help us work through our own issues with the Imposter Syndrome. I was lucky enough to attend an informative and entertaining workshop led by the author and the book does a great job of providing exercises that replicate that workshop experience. One of my favorite quotes from the book, based on a similar one from Marianne Williamson,is, "Your fear of being inadequate pales in comparison with your fear of being extraordinary" The book really highlights the very real fear that many of us felt but didn't quite have a name for and helps one face down those feelings of inadequacy with confidence. Though the book focuses on women, the Imposter Syndrome is not gender related, it just tends to impact women more. A great book that will give you the tools to get out of your own way to achieve your potential for greatness.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Secret Thoughts of Successful Women.