Debra Taylor's Reviews > The Bride Wore Spurs

The Bride Wore Spurs by Sharon Ihle

Apr 20, 12

Read on April 20, 2012

I picked this book up as a Kindle freebie. I am certainly glad that i did because it was a great read. I love books that combine humor with the romance. This book gave me humor in spades. Particularly funny was the barn scene where Lacey is coaxing the cow to fill her pail with milk & trying to squeeze the eggs from the rooster. Hilarious!! The author gives us a myriad of emotions in this book. The heroine has lived most of her life in a hospital for the insane. It was mistakenly assumed that she had caused the fire that took the lives of her parents. The event was so tramatic to the young child that she became catatonic . Lacey becomes close to the nurse who cares for her at the hospital. The nurse, Kate, helps her to escape the hospital & travel to America as a mail order bride. In America, Lacey meets her groom to be, Hawke, who never sent for a bride at all. Hawke is a half-breed rancher / horse-breeder. Laceys attempts at persuading Hawke to marry her provided some very funny scenes. She is not domesticated at all. She cañ't cook, she can't sew, & unfortunately she doesn't know a rooster from a hen. Laceys perseverance pays off however as she convinces Hawke to marry. It seems that despite Hawkes keeping a ledger listing the pros & cons of taking Lacey to wife...he is actually reluctant because he feels that she can't handle the stigma of being wed to a half-breed. This book has a little of everything. I enjoyed it very much.
3 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bride Wore Spurs.