Marilou George's Reviews > Chasing Innocence

Chasing Innocence by John   Potter

Apr 20, 2012

Read from April 20 to 27, 2012

John Potter has delivered a hard hitting mystery that had me totally engrossed from the moment I started reading and kept me absorbed and anxious throughout.

Sarah Sawacki the main character is brought to life as we learn of her struggles as an abused child. She is yearning to have a normal and healthy future with her husband. When Sarah is a witness to Andrea’s kidnapping she becomes involved and is determined to find and protect her no matter what the consequence.

Sarah is a complex and multi-dimensional character who is portrayed initially as a victim but subsequently as a strong, brave and very determined young woman. The well-defined portrayal of Sarah brings to the surface the emotional and everlasting impact that abuse has on a child even into adulthood.

The other characters are written with such attention to detail that their own stories are revealed and play an integral part in the story. The story is extremely well written and as the mystery unfolded I found myself getting anxious and firmly entangled in the story.

The writing is fast paced and moves fluidly from character to character and throughout the entire story. The interaction between the characters is realistic to the point that I could see them all in my mind’s eye.

Potter displays a keen eye for the seamless motion of the story as well as the believability of the characters. The dialogue between the characters was effortless and convincing.

The story brings to the forefront a person’s determination and will to survive and what they would have to do in order achieve that goal.

Chasing Innocence is wonderfully written with an emotional impact that will leave you breathless. It is also apparent that much effort was put into the editing and production of this book as well.

I highly recommend this book to all readers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Innocence.