Nyrae Dawn's Reviews > Come See About Me

Come See About Me by C.K. Kelly Martin

Apr 20, 2012

Read from June 24 to 27, 2012

Wow. I’m a huge CK Kelly Martin fan and this book didn’t disappoint. Leah’s journey was beautifully told. Her pain was so real… so raw that I felt it along with her. My heart broke for her. And her journey and healing was just as powerful. I loved watching her grow—though at times it emotionally wrecked me, there were also those moments where I couldn’t stop my smile. As she started to heal I loved watching her transition. And Liam. Fun sexy. The scenes with the two of them were definitely some of my favorites in the book. They both transformed in different ways throughout the story and they were a joy to watch together. There were times I was angry at them, but I think that's a good thing. It shows that the character affect you and mean something to you.

Another amazing part is how CK was able to make me love Bastien, too. Just through Leah’s memories I see why she loved him and why she’s struggling so much with losing him.

COME SEE ABOUT ME was a sexy (super sexy!), emotional, beautiful read about love, loss, pain, growth and learning to live again. It was so very real and I feel lucky to have experienced Leah’s story with her.

Favorite quotes:

“One accident doesn’t prevent another. Bastien’s death doesn’t offer me some kind of immunity from other pain.”

“I miss Bastien as a person, all the amazing things he was, but now I realize that I miss the idea of being part of a couple too. It’s not that I haven’t realized this before. But every time it occurs to me it feels fresh. When you’re alone you have to learn to be just you, and not the person that was part of a unit, all over again. You have to ask other people for help when you wouldn’t have before.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Come See About Me.