BoekenTrol's Reviews > The Midwife's Confession

The Midwife's Confession by Diane Chamberlain

May 01, 12

bookshelves: bookcrossing_ringbook, english_language, 2012, literature_and_fiction, women-s_fiction
Recommended to BoekenTrol by: Emma
Recommended for: Icila
Read from April 29 to May 30, 2012, read count: once

I dind't even get to make status updates, that's how much I was absorbed by this book.
On the second day, only 15 or 20 pages read, I resumed reading and, apart from a neccessary break to eat I didn't stop until I was finished.

When I started, it looked like a pretty straight forward read. A death, a secret and around that a story is made. That is true, in a way, but the sotry was much more than that alone. First of all, it wasn't the mystery / thriller type of book I had expected when reading the synopsis.
Then, when I found mother-teenage daughter relationship, loss of lost ones, friendship, betrayal, secrecy, love for your child as subjects in this book I was pleasantly surprised. One subject more elaborated than the other, but still. And when I finally thought I had it all worked out, the story made another turn.

I liked the book a lot. The story itself, the way it was written from the different points of view in different times. I think I'll try another book by this author :-) Any suggestions?
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Midwife's Confession.