Samantha Meyer's Reviews > A Ball for Daisy

A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka

F 50x66
Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

Summary
A Ball for Daisy by Chris Raschka is a wordless book about a dog named Daisy who has a favorite toy; a red ball. She does everything with this ball she even sleeps with it. One fateful day, her ball is popped by a bigger dog and Daisy is heartbroken. She doesn't know what to do without it. When her owner takes her on a walk they meet a little girl who gives Daisy a new ball. Daisy is so excited that she even takes a nap with it when they get home.
Critique
This book is very enjoyable. The illustrations are simple but very indicative about what is going on. Anyone can see how much Daisy loves her ball and how sad she is when it is ruined. I believe it is appealing to kids because they will root for Daisy and feel bad for her when she doesn't have her favorite toy anymore.
Response
I find that the most rewarding educational aspect of this book is that there are no words for children to read. The lack of words allow students to make inferences and creatively tell the story. I would definitely share this and other wordless books with my students.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Ball for Daisy.