Jen's Reviews > Escaped

Escaped by Trinity Blacio

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: pnr, x-read-in-2012
Read on April 20, 2012

I hate writing bad reviews - I'm sorry! The story line seemed pretty good - it was just the little things that I didn't enjoy -

Jaycee (I love her name!) was severely beaten by her husband - took over 8 weeks to recover.. then all of a sudden, he gets out of jail from lack of proof that he did it??

She's at Shelly's cabin now, because Shelly knew he got out of jail and would come after her, and could protect her.. when she tells Jaycee about her family being werewolves, Jaycee is relieved to finally be around werewolves again. No one knows she is half werewolf but she knows that James will be after her.

Dane, her mate - she knew from the first time she saw him, and he knew from the first time he smelt her.. is Shelly's brother.. and he's sworn to protect Jaycee from her husband, and claim her.

Ok the first night Jaycee is there, Dane claims and bonds with her.. Now I love a good Alpha male who takes charge with his mate. Some mates can be pretty picky about their first time..

But Dane was pretty rough with this poor girl. She still had scars and bruises all over her. Still stiff from the pins they had to put in her newly healed legs

Jaycee escapes and runs to her friends who had helped take care of her after her step father and all his friends had raped her when she was 15.
These guys seem like pretty good guys, but they seem kind of clueless about what to do.. So they leave her in Dane's care

This is the part that I just had trouble with.. After her beatings (for 4 years!) Dane not only dropped her clothes to claim her over and over after pretty much every conversation they had - but he invited his good friend along to play too.. and by playing, I mean they took her down to the basement to their BDSM playroom!

When she got quiet and upset and didn't want to tell them her secret, they "punished" her with a flogger and anal plug?? And she loved it..

Ok - to each their own, right :) And this was only the first 25% of the book ...

Sorry again for the bad review. I was really looking forward to reading a good shapeshifter book - I love those Alpha males ... but this one just didn't work out for me..

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Escaped.