Dee's Reviews > Hunting the Shadows

Hunting the Shadows by Alexia Reed

May 04, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, arc-netgalley, arc-reviewed-netgalley, romantic-suspense
Read from April 26 to 27, 2012

A good book by newcomer Alexia Reed. What first attracted me to the book was the cover....I just love that blue in the background!

If you liked Sydney Croft's ACRO series or Christine Feehan's Ghostwalker series of Xmen then you will enjoy this.

I found that the first chapter did get a bit confusing because it jumped straight into the action which is normally a good thing , but as we didnt't know the story, characters or their abilities it took a while to work out who was who, and who could do what but once we got past that first chapter it all began to fall into place.

I really liked the fact that J.C & Amy could talk telepathically together (telepathy was Amy's ability but J.C had a little bit of latent telepathic ability which allowed 2 way communication)and therefore did not need to be in the same room as each other to communicate. Amy's ability also allowed her to 'read' J.C's mind and thoughts which at times made it hard for her to trust him and vice versa. I thought the suspense was really good as it kept me guessing until we got near to the end.

I am looking forward to reading the about the other characters in this series.

ARC provided by Carina Press via Netgalley
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunting the Shadows.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 8: by Erika (new)

Erika Dee, haven't seen you lately. Looks like you're here an hour ago when I wasn't online. Hope everything is good :)

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Hiya Erika

Yeah haven't had much chance to be around lately, only really getting the chance to update what books I have recently got and what I want to read.....boy oh boy it has been going crazy here it just seems non stop!

I am self employed but have 2 seperate businesses (I think I might have told you about one of them?)and all of a sudden both seemed to have picked up and I have been working really long hours and even struggling trying to find enough time to read!

How are things with you?....I hope you are ok?

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika I'm doing fine here :D I don't think you mentioned about 2 businesses, but I remember you said you'd had some crazy busy days at work. You shouldn't let yourself get too exhausted Dee. Remember when you got ill weeks ago?

And when you're having this kind of craziness with work, you should spend your free time with resting instead of reading LOL... But I know it's kinda impossible ;)

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Yeah I know I shouldn't work too hard but you know what it's like when you work for yourself - you have to take the business as and when you can as there can be a lot of leaner months in the year!

As long as I find time to read or to listen to music or to cook/bake then I am a happy person :)).....have definitely been missing you guys though!

It is Friday evening (6.21pm) here in the UK so I am gonna have a nice relaxing bath (with a book of course!) and do absolutely nothing for the rest of the evening. I am working tomorrow morning but should be finished around midday and not doing anymore work until Monday. I am planning on ramping up the music and catching up with what you guys have been up to for the last 10 days or so ☺

message 4: by Erika (new)

Erika Dee wrote: "Yeah I know I shouldn't work too hard but you know what it's like when you work for yourself - you have to take the business as and when you can as there can be a lot of leaner months in the year!
..."

Yeah I can imagine. I'm doing almost the same with the resto here, me and my fiancee have to take the business ourselves. You must be so tired, it's been a week since the last time you got yourself here.

Well have a great relaxing time with bubbles and a book. I hope I'm here later when you're back so we can talk more cuz I've missed you! *hugs*

message 3: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Erika wrote: "I hope I'm here later when you're back so we can talk more cuz I've missed you! *hugs*
"

Aahh I have missed you too sweetie ☺.....am off now as bath ready just working out what I gonna read :)...Speak soon xx

message 1: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Baba wrote: "Another nice review, sweetie! :-)"

Thanks you sweetie ☺