Sue's Reviews > Send

Sep 06, 08

it was ok
bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in September, 2008

This book seems like a gimmick book to me--like the two authors thought they could get it published, so they wrote it. I got it as a gift and didn't read it at first (I e-mail all the time and don't really have any questions or issues), but my sister-in-law said she doesn't like e-mailing and really liked this book, so I read it. It held my interest for its short length, mostly because the authors are present in voice and examples, and I was interested in them (head of NYT Op-Ed page, and head of a publishing division or house (?)). Still not quite sure why they wrote the book--I hope it was fun for them.

Most of the info was nothing new. I was surprised, though, that they were willing to interpret e-mails and read into them different things that the author may have been meaning. I would have expected them to say never do that--just take every e-mail at face level and don't read into them. I was really reading to see what they said about changing the subject line if the topic has changed when you're in an e-mail chain. I think they said do change it as necessary. I have to ask Marla what her stance is--I think she hates it when people change the subject line. I'm torn. I guess the solution is to start a new subject in a new e-mail, but that seems dumb sometimes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Send.