Bells's Reviews > Enemy Mine

Enemy Mine by Aline Hunter

Apr 20, 2012

Nothing is going to stop Emory Veznor from getting to his mate Mary Shepard. Not even the fact that she is related to individuals that happen to be the enemies of his clan mates. At the end of book 1 in the series Omega Mine, Emory had discovered where Mary was being held and with some of his fellow shifters they head out to find her. For most of the book, Emory and Mary learn more about one another while dealing with the attraction that grows between the two of them. Because Mary is his mate, Emory is already a goner and now has the responsibility of introducing Mary into his life. She doesn't know a whole lot about his type of life and Emory is nothing but patient and understanding. He doesn't want to rush anything and has an internal struggle with himself to do this. He wants nothing more but to be with his mate and claim her. Mary has to take all of this information in and make a decision to whether this is something she wants to be a part of. All of her life she's heard nothing but bad things about shifters from her family. She gets to learn what they are truly about by spending time with Emory and realizes that her family is nothing but monsters for what they have done in the past. She's a little hesitant at first to give into her attraction to Emory and then realizes that he's the one thing that makes her feel safe and secure. It feels right to her and it's good that she can confide in another woman who has gone through the same thing. Diskant's mate Ava answers any questions that she may have about the shifters and the life that they lead.

While I enjoyed the first book in the series Omega Mine very much, I found that I enjoyed Enemy Mine more because the reader gets to know more about the secondary characters in the book. These secondary characters are so fascinating and bring so much to the clan and the series! What's great is that their stories haven't been told yet so there is going to be some great reading in the future. The one character I'm looking forward to reading the most is Trey who happens to be Alpha to the clan, who is extremely interesting. Aline Hunter gives us hints in this book as to where some of the future storylines will be headed. Once I started reading Enemy Mine I didn't want to put it down as the writing flowed effortlessly from one scene to the next. This is what I've come to expect from the writing of Aline Hunter aka JA Saare and once again she delivered. The only complaint I have is that I want the next book in the series right now so that I can read what happens to these characters that continue to entertain me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy Mine.