Carmen Jenner's Reviews > Apocalypse Scenario #683: The Box

Apocalypse Scenario #683 by Mira Grant

Jun 01, 12

Read in April, 2012

I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to the genius that is Mira Grant. Her first novel in the Newsflesh Series: Feed - where we follow three budding reporters in the blogging world as they search for the truth behind the infection that wiped out half the population by turning them into the living dead - was one of my favourite reads of last year!

It's no surprise then that Mira comes out with this little gem, and I do mean little. At just 3,900 words it's possibly the most involved and exciting short I've ever read. And I promise the suspense on every page will have you gripping the edge of your seat.

And now a warning: as well as being an all round stellar author Grant seems to live and breathe Virology, and her books require that you come to the living dead party with your thinking cap seriously fastened to your pretty little head. If you have a tendency to vague out for a few lines, get caught up in thinking about work or school, or your own manuscript (yeah sure, like I've ever been guilty of that - ahm- all the time. Not!) then you may just want to pick up some trashy chicklit that doesn't make your head hurt, because once Grant's done with you, you'll be wishing someone had decided to chow down on your brain. And I mean that in the best possible way, of course!

I should point out that the book in The Newsflesh Series are not Young Adult titles, but should be fine for the more mature young adults.

Come visit Book Me! for more review, author interviews and all round bookish mayhem!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Apocalypse Scenario #683.