Charles's Reviews > Treasure Island

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: 2012, e-book, e-book-to-download
Read from April 11 to 19, 2012, read count: 1

This book is a necessary read for all readers/lovers of pirate/swashbuckling/treasure hunting books (and the alike). Robert Louis Stevenson's Treasure Island was possibly one the first books to revolutionize this genre, although I have heard many of the items like treasure maps, schooners, one-legged seamen, parrots were made up by Stevenson and have become 'popular misconceptions' about pirates.

I remember watching the movie 'Treasure Planet' back some years ago and I looked it up some information about it and found it was based on a book and told my self 'that book is old as hell I won't ever read that old book'. Well I guess I out did my self and gave in to read it to see what all the hype was about this book and pirates. I'll have to say the story line was quite interesting with many interesting characters. I did find some parts of the book to be a little confusing, hence the 4 stars. My favorite characters would have to be Ben Gunn and Long John Silver. I'll definitely read this book again in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Treasure Island.