Karyn's Reviews > Creating Innovators: The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World

Creating Innovators by Tony Wagner

May 08, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read from April 20 to May 08, 2012

This book was really interesting to me. The author interviewed over 150 people who are deemed to be highly "innovative" by the things they have done in their lies- those who helped create 1st iPhone, Non-profit organizations, inventing new solutions for problems, creative professors, etc. He is talking about how we need to be educated differently to learn to become more innovative. That our society is losing much of that and cannot compete with other countries in many areas. He also talked to parents of kids who have gone into creative and innovative fields to learn what style of parenting these people had growing up. One neat thing was that the book had scannable codes throughout that took you to video clips about the person being discussed at that point in the book. I really enjoyed these- it helped to visualize it more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Creating Innovators.