Lauren's Reviews > Flashforward

Flashforward by Robert J. Sawyer

Apr 20, 12

bookshelves: scifi
Read in April, 2012

I really enjoyed Flashforward when it was a TV show and was sad when it was canceled. I've had this book on my "to read" list since then and finally took the time to read it. It's a quick read, heavier on the scifi than some of the more popular scifi-lite that we're seeing more of these days, and as with any good scifi, filled with philosophical questions (despite a slight against philosophers at one point in the book).

There are plenty of summaries of the plot here, so I won't go into that. However, if you were into the show, the first two "books" will be the most familiar to you. The ending is quite different, which may or may not be satisfying depending on your personality. I liked the ending, but I also was really looking forward to seeing what the author intended to be the end rather than what the network had to do to try to tie up loose ends quickly.

All that being said, I wish I had found a paper copy from before the show. I read an e-version and it's not clear to me if there were changes made to it or not. That left me thinking in parallel tracks throughout the book: both about the plot and about what might have changed.

All in all, good read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flashforward.