Violet's Reviews > Love Is Hell

Love Is Hell by Melissa Marr

1191502
Feb 08, 09

bookshelves: favorite-authors, fantasy, sci-fi, mystery

** spoiler alert ** I'm going to take this story by story (since there's only five in the book).

The first one was called Sleeping with the Spirit, by: Laurie Faria Stolarz. It started out really good. I was all into it, wondering what's going to happen and all. But then it got sappy. I mean the lovey-dovey "I can live without you" "I don't want to leave you" sappy. I HATED it. I just wanted to get the story over with and go to the next story. So yah, I didn't really like that one.

The next one was Stupid Perfect World, by Scott Westerfeld. This one was interesting and original. I mean all of Scott Westerfeld's stories are. It was really well writen. I really like it. I've never really thought about sleeping in the future. It's just one of though things that you don't think about. But it makes sense, the whole thing about "in the future they don't sleep." Another thing is the whole "Scarity class" thing was cool. Scarity is a class where they learn the "problems of the past." It was really cool to see what they thought about our lifes. God, Scott Westerfeld it a really really good writer.

The next one was Thinner Then Water, by Justine Larbalestier. Did you know that she is married to Scott Westerfeld? Just another little fact I picked up. Anyway back to the story, it was good. Nice writing, and story idea. It was a little sappy, but not it wasn't too much to make be hate it. It was okay. Not good or bad. Just okay.

The next one was Fan Fictions, by Gabrielle Zevin. Now that one was my favorite. I really really like that one. It was interesting and just plain awesome! It was really well writen. And the plot line....oh god the plot line was really amazing. All the feelings and thoughts just seemed to mingle with mine. It really touched my heart. I really like her writing. I can't wait to read one of her books.

The last one was Love Struck, by Melissa Marr. It was good. Very well writened and all, but I don't really know what to say about it. It was good and I liked it but......I have nothing else to say.

Okay now the stories in order from horrible to wonderful. Sleep with the Spirit, Thinner Then Water, Love Struck, Stupid Perfect World, and Fan Fictions. That's it. Wow, Gabrielle Zevin beat Scott Westerfeld. Now that was a surprize.

Okay that's it for now. Have a nice day or night or evening or whenever you're reading this review. Bye! =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Is Hell.