Stephanie's Reviews > Under a Vampire Moon

Under a Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands

3919719
Apr 20, 2012

Read on April 17, 2012

The entirety of UNDER A VAMPIRE MOON takes place on St. Lucia. Even if I didn't adore Lynsay Sands, which I do, and didn't love this book in particular, which I did, I would still think that UNDER A VAMPIRE MOON is good for Saint Lucia. Seriously, Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain aren't mentioned by name but I've taken the liberty of extrapolating and put the island and these resorts at the top of my list for our thirtieth wedding anniversary in January. What a gorgeous place! Really, Lynsay could be a travel writer!

Besides the lush tropical setting, a first for the Argeneau Vampire series, I am always impressed by Lynsay's ability to take the underlying story pattern for the series and make it something fresh and new with each book. Among the many who make the attempt at formula series writing, there are few writers who I find do this effectively, Lynsay and Lara Adrian are two of my favorites. I gobble these books up as soon as possible. While there is an underlying structure they build each book from the ground up with new plots, additional well-defined [for this story, smart and mostly fun] characters and awesome locations. It's like getting a present from a favorite chocolatier—you know whatever in the box is going to be good even if the bon-bon mix is different.

Lynsay takes us to this exotic locale and describes it in perfect detail, you can practically hear the waves on the beach. *to read more* or cut and paste into your address bar: http://fangswandsandfairydust.blogspo...

Disclosure Timed E-Galley from publisher via Edelweiss.No remuneration exchanged and all opinions are my own except as otherwise noted.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under a Vampire Moon.