Suuz's Reviews > The Divide

The Divide by L.J. Smith

F 50x66
Apr 20, 12

Read in April, 2012

When I purchased the book I hadn't heard about L.J. Smith being fired by Harper Collins yet. I was so excited that a new Secret Circle book was being published as it's my favourite of all the L.J. Smith Series. So when I got the book I got really annoyed that L.J. SMITH was in CAPITAL LETTERS and than quite tiny it says it's written by someone else. I was APPALLED.

I decided to give the new writer a chance and read the novel, I already purchased it after all. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There are some quite enjoyable scenes in there. But the only character she seemed to be able to grasp pretty well was Faye, but Faye was only threatening to do things rather than doing them and even that isn't what Faye does, now is it?

Now some spoilers for the plot.

Cassie finds out that she has a half-sister (ANOTHER child from Blackwell and I was very disappointed they didn't explore the is Faye a daughter of Blackwell idea?). The circle is being threatened by witch hunters. Sister turns out to be evil and lures Cassie to this place, against the circles wishes, because the circle is like...yeah let your new sister die, and Cassie is almost killed, but the circle comes to the last minute rescue, Faye places a love spell on this guy that may or not be a witch hunter, because she's attracted to him and he won't give her any attention. And sure Faye would use a little magic to get a guy to like her, but a proper love spell I doubt it.

Overall it was okay but I doubt I will buy the next book in the series. I was very disappointed and they ruined my favourite series by firing L.J. Smith
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Divide.