Marjorie Friday Baldwin's Reviews > Conditioned Response

Conditioned Response by Marjorie F. Baldwin

May 18, 12

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: classic-scifi, smutty, sfr, romance, aliens
Read in April, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Conditioned Response.

Quotes Marjorie Liked

Marjorie F. Baldwin
“The past only exists in the minds of those who choose to recall it.”
Marjorie F. Baldwin, Conditioned Response

Marjorie F. Baldwin
“Brennan didn’t look exactly like Raif to Shayla’s eyes, but for someone who didn’t know either man particularly well, they probably looked like twins, separated at birth by twenty or so years.”
Marjorie F. Baldwin, Conditioned Response

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stephen M. Don't have the nerve to review your own book, Friday?

message 2: by Marjorie (last edited May 20, 2012 03:08AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marjorie Friday Baldwin Stephen wrote: "Don't have the nerve to review your own book, Friday?"

Actually, I do! I'd given it a 5-star rating and got slammed--called a bad person--over in one of my "review-centered" groups so I cleared my star rating. Seems like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

For the record, I LOOOOVEED this book! I've read it more than 2 dozen times (as a reader, not as the author) and I love it everytime :)

Okay, I'll put my rating back. You convinced me :)

Jonathan If I ever write a book I'm going to write two reviews. One a five star review and one a one star review just to point out the different ways people can observe a book. One sees a flaw the other sees a strength.

Marjorie Friday Baldwin Jonathan wrote: "If I ever write a book I'm going to write two reviews. One a five star review and one a one star review just to point out the different ways people can observe a book. One sees a flaw the other see..."

hahaha, and I'm still getting slammed elsewhere for having rated my own book at all. I think if I read Conditioned Resposne one more frakking time, I might just give it a 2 stars for boring me to tears the 57th time through. (*smirk*)

Jonathan Well if it is your book you should be able to say that you enjoyed it. But of course you must abide by the rules other people set for rating books. I think that there is a way to self author rate a book. You can give it five stars and that's fine but if you start ranting about how it is the best book and unintelligent people won't like my book that is when I think self rating goes too far.

Marjorie Friday Baldwin Jonathan wrote: "Well if it is your book you should be able to say that you enjoyed it. But of course you must abide by the rules other people set for rating books. I think that there is a way to self author rate a..."

Agreed, definitely and while I want to make myself "present and available" for the group read, I do want to try to stay as quiet as I can, esp. after that recent comment on the Gaiman thread. I mean I don't want to inhibit discussion; I want to facilitate it!! Please do let me know if I'm being "too quiet" or too talkative Oh Mister Moderator! :) My first group read. So exciting. I'm tweeting it all the time now. I think I have 3 tweets in my 3 days of auto-tweets that I keep uploading.

Jonathan I think that the speed you're going at is fine. I think the best thing you could do is to answer questions and ask/thank people who comment and do like/do not like the book about their opinions.

Marjorie Friday Baldwin Thanks. Please do be sure to keep me in line. I type over 100wpm and read about 200wpm so I can be completely overwhelming at the keyboard. Plus I get excited to share a million thoughts all at once and ... well, let me know when to shut up. Just say, "Shut up Friday :)" Be sure to put the smiley though so I know it's my safeword (haha)

Jonathan I have a friend very much like that in her speech where she rushes everything out at once.

Marjorie Friday Baldwin Jonathan wrote: "I have a friend very much like that in her speech where she rushes everything out at once.

I also read pretty fast but I've never really tested myself...probably about that speed. Less for typing."

Oh I talk a mile a minute, too. I'm from Boston, Massachusetts where we talk quickly anyway but yeah, I get on a roll and NO one is getting a word ...oops, wait, that's not a good thing is it? LOL

This shall be a fabulous test for my strength of will to remain quiet. I have done it before. I can do it again.