Lexie Wall's Reviews > New Tricks

New Tricks by David Rosenfelt

F 50x66
Apr 20, 12

The book "New Tricks" by David Rosenfelt is an excellent story. It not only puts you on the edge of your seat wondering about a mysterious murder, but the author, David, also throws in some romance to get the people going. If you love dogs, mysteries, romance, and a great sence of humor,I highly reccommend this book. The main character, Andy Carpenter, basically narrates the story from his point of view, and I tell you, he and I have the same sence of humor! Although once in a while you may come across a 'bad' word or two, but it still keeps the maturity of the book. At times while reading, I often stumble across a sophisticated word that I do not understand, so I look it up to know for future reference. It's a good way to learn bigger words, and this book has alot of them.
At first glance of the book cover and the title "New Tricks" you may automatically assume that it is all about a dog. That's what I did, but soon after I opened a page and began reading, I realized that it's not juat about a dog, but about a man who has a love for dogs so deep that he might just be the only one who will fight for their rights. The way David portrays Andy's love for animals reminds me alot like myself and what I would do if the life of a dog was in my hands. Just like Andy, I would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure that dog doesn't end up in the wrong hands.
I love how the author David adds some romance so that the story doesn't get too serious. Half way through the book, Andy's girlfriend, Laurie gets introduced and adds a twist to the whole storyline. She becomes apart of the conflict in many ways that I think you should just read and find out.
After reading this book, it gave me a different perspective on the Law, justice, and fighting for your rights. I normally am not that big of a reader, but this book had me hooked, and I believe it'll do the same for you. I have dicovered that David Rosenfelt is an amazing auhor, and I can't wait to contine reading more of his series.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read New Tricks.