Leah's Reviews > Deadly Descendant

Deadly Descendant by Jenna Black

Jun 03, 2012

bookshelves: 4-star, angels-n-demons, genre-urban-fantasy, library-bk, male-yumminess, little-bit-o-lovin, series
Read from June 01 to 03, 2012

This series reminds me of why I started to love the urban fantasy genre. This book has everything it should - an interesting, witty heroine solving mysteries and undertaking adventures, all while struggling with mysterious friends and a sexy, troubled love interest.

Aaahhhhh Jamaal and Nikki!!! What a perfect love story so far. Just enough to tease us but not so much that their love is a foregone conclusion.

The main weakness in this book for me was the ending - I felt like it wrapped up a little bit too suddenly and compared to the rest of the book, the ending was just so 'meh'. Nikki catches the killer, A+ for her. Someone comes to save Nikki from being stranded in the Underworld. Everyone else is okay. Also, I strongly disliked the Epilogue. It felt like those movies where after the main plot lines are solved, you see text appearing on the screen that explains what happens to all the characters after the movie ends. This isn't my thing - please either write about whats happening as it happens, like the rest of the novel. If you want to skim over a few weeks quickly at the end, then do you really need to talk about them at all?

Nice overall though, I will definitely read the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Descendant.