Kay's Reviews > How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America (And the World): And What You Can Do about It

How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America (And the World) by Bill Quinn

Aug 29, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction
Recommended to Kay by: My son
Recommended for: Walmart Shoppers
Read in August, 2008

As much as I enjoyed this book, my husband hated it. He didn't read it, but since he is a Walmart kind of guy and I'm a Target kind of gal I felt compelled to share a lot of the book with him. I noticed by half way thru he either left the room when I picked it up or turned up the tv so he could ignore my rantings! I have to admit that I do lot of my shopping there, but my excuse is that it is right down the street from work and less than 5 miles from my home. Target is 45 miles away so with the price of gas [from Walmart's co heart Murphy] I can't afford to drive there often! I never liked Walmart, but what am I to do??
I did boycott them in December for several years in a row since they refused to say Merry Christmas, but last year they gave in and so did I! By the way, I live in Walmart country.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How Wal-Mart Is Destroying America (And the World).