Jean Sasson's Reviews > Burned Alive

Burned Alive by Souad

Apr 19, 12

When I first read this book years ago, I was drawn totally into the story. I feel differently after reading a lot of other reviews and sadly came to the conclusion that perhaps this is not true. IF Souad exists, I wish she could come out and hold a press conference. Sometimes that is not possible, but I wish that she could do this.

However, I remind myself that whether Souad does or does not exist, such things do happen frequently to women in the world, and we can't let any disappointment in a book stop us from trying to save women from such brutalities.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Burned Alive.

Ashie Hettige Jean Is true. How come such brutality exist in this world? But luckily her new life has made her into a fulfilled,happy woman.Truly blessed.

message 2: by Jean (new) - rated it 1 star

Jean Sasson I'm always left aghast to read about mankind's inhumanity to each other. I feel bad if I accidentally hurt someone's feelings -- how others can inflict such pain makes me think that they are a different species from the rest of us....

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•* I believe her story to be true. I think when it came to changing some facts to protect her identity things got thrown off course a bit. I actually read a story about the telephone cord incident that took place in this boook. I have unfortunately been unable to find that site again, but I feel very much so that they were talking about Souads family. It even gave their real names in the report. If only I could find it again that alone might be proof enough. I think she may have suffered with some brain damag from infections that set in from her poor care. I think this is why her memory is spotty, and she was unable to care for her son.

message 4: by Jean (new) - rated it 1 star

Jean Sasson You may have hit on something... I don't know for sure, but always like to believe a person until it is proven otherwise. Thanks for reminding us of this.

message 5: by Jean (new) - rated it 1 star

Jean Sasson I hope you are right Ashie and that her new life is much much better!