Jules's Reviews > Rake with a Frozen Heart

Apr 19, 12

Read in April, 2012

Author: Marguerite Kaye
Courtesy of NetGalley

Thank you NetGalley for sharing this Regency novel with me. It was a great read and with endearing characters. I had completed the novel in 2 settings only because one needs to go to work.

Plot: Henrietta Markham wakes up and finds herself in Rafe St. Alban's bed. Henrietta was knocked out due to witnessing an attempted burglary at her employer's property and left to die, although it was more of a bump on the head. This is where the story begins. He's a rake who finds her very amusing and feels very protective on her. While in hiding to sort out the man behind the burglary due to her employer's accusation that she was in on the robbery, Henrietta and Rafe got to know one another as he shows her around town, her blunt questions about his past, his curiosities about her past, and their increased proximity. Did I mention that they have to share a room together in the inn and one bed?

Characters: Henrietta is such a lovable heroine. She's blunt, has often spoken her thoughts out loud which is so cute, and gets Rafe in the habit of doing it too because of their closeness. Henrietta is true to herself and wouldn't accept anything less than being loved by someone she loves. Rafe has a rake's personality although he doesn't mistreat Henrietta. He loves to amuse himself by shocking Henrietta.

Overall: I’ll going to miss Henrietta and Rafe. They journey to love was a sweet adventure although there weren’t any adventures with regards to finding the person behind the robbery as it was fairly easy to tell from the beginning as to who was behind it and it was solved fairly quickly. No complaints on my end as it leave more room in the story for us to see the interaction between Henrietta and Rafe. It was heart felting to see Rafe finally realizing that he deserved to be loved and to acknowledge Henrietta’s love. The epilogue was very welcoming as it wrapped the entire story in a nice box. We get to see a happily ever after for Henrietta and Rafe.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rake with a Frozen Heart.