Tammy's Reviews > Gingham Mountain

Gingham Mountain by Mary Connealy

Apr 22, 12

Read from April 19 to 22, 2012

This was an interesting book. Lets start with what was good .I loved the character of Grant and all the little orphan kids. They were interesting , well rounded characters. The mystery with prudence was ok , but a little on the corny side in my opinion. I liked that we got to see Grace and the rest of the Reeves bunch , but was very disappointed that we didn't get to see the rest of our beloved characters. Now for the hard part of a review. What was Bad about this book. Hannah! I was so looking forward to the story of this courageous , strong young woman after the last book . The Hannah in this tale in no way resembled that girl. This Hannah was a hypocritical, annoying ,obnoxious shrew!! I spent over half this book wishing I could throw it every time she came into the picture.( it was on my kindle or I probably would have thrown it) . Hannah ruined every scene she appeared in for the entire first half of the book. She did get better , but in all honesty she never redeemed herself to me. The ending wrapped up in way to big a hurry and just didn't work for me at all. However all that considered it was a good book if you can just ignore her. The relationship between Grant and the children makes this a book worth reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gingham Mountain.