Beaulah Pragg's Reviews > The Infinity Gate

The Infinity Gate by Sara Douglass

Apr 19, 12

Read in May, 2010

I have been looking forward to reading the final book in this saga for some time and one thing I can say for sure about Sara Douglass is that she writes some pretty epic sagas. The 'final battle' took up most of this third book with it's intricacy and heart pounding action, much like the final book of the The Wayfarer Redemption.

Throughout this trilogy, I have really appreciated the character of Ishbel - priestess, queen, but ultimately just a really brave and sensible woman. She is by far the hero of this series and the one on whom the fate of the world really rests (though it takes the guys some time to figure this out).

I love Sara Douglass' imagination, her attention to detail and ability to revisit the same places and people in a totally consistent, but revitalizing way. In the tradition of epic fantasy, she has many central characters, but she manages to keep them distinct enough and introduces them so skillfully that they enrich, rather than confusing the readers.

Probably better for an adult readership, this series is a solid contribution to the fantasy-saga genre and not to be missed, especially if you have enjoyed previous Douglass books set in this world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Infinity Gate.