Carrie Ardoin's Reviews > Traitor

Traitor by Megan Curd

Apr 19, 2012

bookshelves: on-my-kindle, tour, posted-on-blog, fae
Read from July 28 to 29, 2012

Now that Ashlyn has embraced the fact that she's part evil Changeling and part faerie, it's time for her to get down to business. She's determined to free both her and Liam's brothers from the prisons of the evil Changeling commander, Ankou.

But things are steadily getting more complicated. It's becoming clear that Liam being Ashlyn's protector may not have been the best idea for either of them. And with Ashlyn's hometown being overrun by Irishmen and magical creatures, interesting things are bound to happen. Ashlyn will learn that friends--and enemies--are where you least expect them.

So, I made my feelings known about Ashlyn and her love triangle in the Bridger review. Well, not much changed this time around. I'm gonna go ahead and say I am TEAM REESE...especially after the awesome thing he did at the end of the book!

One big difference between Traitor and Bridger was that Ashlyn and Reese had alternating chapters in this book. Honestly, I looked forward to Reese's chapters more. He was definitely more entertaining and just more fun to experience than Ashlyn.

There were quite a few twists and surprises in Traitor, and that is always something I love--when I can't actually see a plot twist coming! Megan Curd is a master at throwing a big curveball during the last ten percent of a book ;) But the twists aren't so out of left field as to be unbelievable--they make sense if you go back and recall the things that transpired.

There was much better characterization in this book than the first--I loved getting to know this group of people better. As I said, Reese had some chapters from his point of view, and I loved getting inside his head and seeing how he felt about Ashlyn, Liam, and the whole magic-is-real situation.

This book was a great mix of fast action, humor, paranormal, and romance--though that part is still getting on my nerves. But I will most definitely be reading the next book in the series!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Traitor.

07/29/2012