Beaulah Pragg's Reviews > The Dead of Night

The Dead of Night by Peter Lerangis

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: favourite
Read in April, 2012

Yet another stunning instalment. This time we are in Samarkand, the second largest city in Uzbekistan, and our daring heroes have more than one bad-guy on their tail. After their art-heist in book one and antics in the Colosseum in book two, they are now on the hunt for an 'orb' or some sort and as always, time is running out.

This book led poor Dan even further towards the dark side, but had enough humorous moments to keep it from being too sombre. I love the way that each character is maintaining their distinct voice across the books, despite the different authors, and that they are also growing and changing in response to what they are going through.

I feel the books are perhaps a bit shorter and the puzzles a little simpler than in the first series, but the danger seems much closer and more threatening. I appreciate that the authors have allowed their central characters to 'grow up' and deal with different challenges to what they faced in the past, just as the readership will have aged since series one.

All in all, a great read. Can't wait for book four!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dead of Night.