Carrie's Reviews > Skin Deep

Skin Deep by Pamela Clare

May 22, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: cabin-close-quarters, contemporary, ebook, law-enforcement, kindle, read-2012, short-stories-novellas, ptsd
Read in May, 2012

This is an entertaining novella about Megan, Marc Hunter's sister (Unlawful Contact), and Nate, a scarred former Marine. The shorter length does not allow for much character development, so Nate wasn't nearly as interesting as he could have been. With the extent of his injuries and the horror of the explosion that caused them, I can't imagine he wouldn't have at least some PTSD symptoms. That might have been an interesting angle to consider. As it was, Megan is the one with PTSD from her trauma as a teen. The story was a little too heartwarming for me, but was still enjoyable.

I was a little disappointed in the short story about Marc and Julian's beer run. I was expecting something humorous with some snappy dialogue between those guys, but instead got an interesting little action story. It was good, but I was expecting something very different.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skin Deep.

message 1: by Hannah (new)

Hannah But the babies! Beware of the babies!

Carrie Seriously. ;-) I enjoy Clare's books, but enough with the babylogues!

Norma LOL! There was no baby talk in this one! The babies were barely mentioned! That is one thing that makes me crazy. Yes, I get it. These men vacation in Virgin River and want nothing more than to keep their women pregnant!

Carrie Norma wrote: " Yes, I get it. These men vacation in Virgin River..."

LOL! Yes! Exactly! I really couldn't deal with one more sentence talking about how much McBride loved Natalie, or how Sophie and Hunter made calf-eyes at each other. I get it, really I do. They are all massively in love. And I like that. But it does get a little sappy sometimes.