Aryanna's Reviews > The Last Echo

The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

Apr 20, 12

Read from April 19 to 20, 2012

Ahh! I was so excited to hear that this book came out. I bought the first "Body Finder" book when it first came out in paperback. I instantly fell in love and was sucked into Violet's world. I really love everything about these books: the romance, the mystery, the writing style, and the characters. The best thing about this series is that, as it progresses, the books get even better! I didn't even think that'd be possible.

This is, by far, my favorite book in the series. While the other books had a similar layout, they all concentrated on different things. This book was amazing for many reasons. For one, the romance was perfectly balanced! It wasn't overwhelming, but I wasn't going stir-crazy waiting for Jay or Violet to make a move. It was adorable, and I applaud the author for staying completely consistent with incorporating it in the story. The second reason I loved it was because of the killer's narrated parts. It was super creepy, especially because I was reading it before I went to bed, and that made my heart race and my breath catch. I was squealing at certain parts, trying to guess what was going to happen. The third reason I loved it was due to the development of the new characters. I loved Krystal. Seriously. I want to be her BFF.

In general, the book was incredible. I read it in around five hours. But it didn't seemed rushed-- it was just so good that I completely ignored the world until I finished it. I highly recommend this series (book one: "The Body Finder", book two: "Desires of the Dead", book three: "The Last Echo")! *FIVE STARS!*
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Echo.