Rebecca's Reviews > You'll Never Blue Ball in This Town Again: One Woman's Painfully Funny Quest to Give It Up

You'll Never Blue Ball in This Town Again by Heather  McDonald

Apr 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit, tv
Read in November, 2010

This book was written by one of the comedians that is on Chelsea Lately a lot. And while I can't stand the show (or Chelsea) I really enjoyed this book a lot. I liked the way it was written, very conversational-style as well as the topic. While dated a lot, Girl was a virgin until she was like 27. It was a very LA-based book, what with Girl growing up in the Valley and going to school at USC (puke) and of course, staying in LA, trying to make it as an actress/writer/comedian. After a while, the guys got kind of confusing, because like every chapter was a different (or 2 guys). Also, she would go off on tangents, which oddly, weren't that annoying to me, because I talk like that all the time too. The thing that annoyed me the most was her loyalty to USC. If she worked or made out with an actor or dated someone who had any relation to USC, it was mentioned. No one cares about that! People who have any relation to that school annoy the fuck out of me, how much they care about it. I guess in LA, it is a lifestyle and not one that I care to hear about. Blah.

But besides that, I liked all the little stories in each chapter. There wasn't all that much to follow and when she would refer back to someone, I had no idea who she was talking about, as the list of names went on forever. I also like that her career wasn't the front and center part of the book, it concentrated more on her dating. Way to keep everything separate!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read You'll Never Blue Ball in This Town Again.