Rebecca's Reviews > When Did I Get Like This?

When Did I Get Like This? by Amy Wilson

Apr 19, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit
Read in November, 2010

While the topic of this book was very very boring I still kind of liked it. Maybe it was the writing style. Who knows. Anyway, this book was written by a women about becoming a mother. Totally boring, right?! But I don't know, maybe because it was sort of chick-lit-y, but with all the mistakes of a real mother thrown in. She wanted to be perfect (of course) but when it came to writing, was very real about it all. It didn't sound like she was over protective at all, which is a nice change from fiction books, tv and movies. She wrote about her struggle to get pregnant and then a health issue with her first kid, which sounded really scary. And then in dealing with her husband (he worked, she didn't) and just everyday stuff.

Totally a topic I could give 2 shits about, but for some reason, still kind of enjoyed this book! The writing was totally up my ally. Not hard, not condescending, just an easy to read story that I'll probably never experience.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read When Did I Get Like This?.