Rebecca's Reviews > Love Is a Mix Tape

Love Is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield

Apr 19, 2012

liked it
Read in November, 2010

** spoiler alert ** This book also took me forever you finish up! No reason why. Sometime quick reads take me the longest to read because I think I can just finish them whenever and then they end up sitting around for like a month before I get back to them. Anyway, this book was mainly about the authors relationship with his wife who died from a shock brain aneurysm, which stuff like that freaks the shit out of me. They use to create mix tapes for each other and at the start of each chapter, the author would list the mix tape that would have to do with that part of his life. The book and story was actually a lot sadder then I thought it would be. Do not read if you want to be happy. This book is NOT for you. Not saying that I didn't like it, it just wasn't what I was expecting. I did like all the flashback in music and stuff because this book is kind of old and the music was mainly late 80's and 90's stuff, that I love love love. And even though he writes for Rolling Stone, amongst others, the music didn't feel condescending either. He included stuff I knew, stuff I knew and didn't like and stuff I knew and loved (Hanson!). The music was good, the story was depressing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Is a Mix Tape.