Jane Woodside's Reviews > Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart

Amelia Lost by Candace Fleming

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: eced-221

Amelia Lost: The Life and Disappearance of Amelia Earhart by Candace Fleming is a non-fiction book about Amelia Earhart’s story. The story begins with the birth of Amelia, and tells her entire life story up until her disappearance. You find out a lot about her life and how many difficulties she had in her family such as her father’s drinking issue and her parents divorce. However, she was a very adventurous and courageous woman who was always flying!

The setting of this book was clearly indentified by the author. Also the characters you read about in this book give you a good insight about who she is. For example, you find out about her father and his drinking problem, which builds on the type of person she is. This book is very informative about Amelia. The writing is very good and easy to read, right from the beginning. The chapters are very short, but the book keeps you interested to find out more about her life and what all was happening. The book includes a lot of photographs, maps, and handwritten notes by Amelia, which make the book even more interested. The reader is able to learn a lot about Amelia by just reading this book. The story is very satisfying to read and give the reader a whole new perspective about Amela Earhart.

I really enjoyed reading this book. What struck me about this book is just all the new information I learned about Amelia. I knew who she was, but this book had so much detail about her life that I had never heard before! It’s also shocking how she and her airplane just disappeared. I could definitely use this book in my classroom. At a young age you learn about Amelia Earhart, so this book could be used in the classroom for children to read if they want, and mostly importantly to just view the photographs and artifacts in the book. I thought this was a really good book, and I’d recommend it even for young adults to read!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amelia Lost.