Annalisa's Reviews > Who Moved My Cheese?

Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson

542037
Aug 29, 08

bookshelves: resource, non-fiction
Recommended to Annalisa by: work
Read in January, 2002

This is one of those concepts that everyone needs to experience in some form or another in life. You are not entitled. To anything.

If life unexpectedly dumps you in an unfamiliar surrounding (your home, your job, your car, your family changes) you can't sit around waiting for the pieces to fall back into place. Being angry and feeling justified isn't going to give you back the pieces of your life you were accustomed to. You either change or stagnate. The sooner you accept your new position in life instead of holding onto what you expect from life, the sooner you can progress. Swallow your pride, get over your sense of entitlement, and move forward.

You also need to realize the signs of impending change coming in your life instead of ignoring them with blinders because you can't accept change of of high magnitude could happen to you. If things aren't going so well at work or home or with friends, be proactive about the possibilities. It is easier to see the signs and be prepared than to be blindsided and have to pick up the pieces.

What is funny about this book is that we had to read it for work and afterwords all of us thought we should quit before getting fired. Not the intended reaction I think my boss was looking for. It's a quick read and a good lesson that most people learn on their own, but some of us need a little shove to get that "aha" moment.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Who Moved My Cheese?.