Dale's Reviews > The Eye of the I: From Which Nothing is Hidden

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: quantum
Read in April, 2012

You have to read his Power vs Force before this one. Here's are some excerpts:

"The true source of joy and happiness is the realization of one's existence in this very moment. The source of pleasure always comes from within, even though it is occasioned by some external event or acquisition. In any one instant of time, no such thing as a problem can exist. Unhappiness arises from going beyond the reality of the Now and creating a story out of the past or the future which, because neither exists, has no reality."

"In the presence of God, all suffering ceases. One has returned to one's Source, which is not different from one's own Self. It is as though one had forgotten and now awakened from a dream. All fears are revealed to be groundless; all worries are foolish imaginings. There is no future to fear or past to regret. There is no errant ego/self to admonish or correct. There is nothing that needs changing or bettering. There is nothing about which to feel ashamed or guilty. There is no 'other' from which one can be separated. No loss is possible. Nothing needs to be done, no effort is required, and one is free from the endless tug of desire and want."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Eye of the I.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vania (new) - added it

Vania Perez Thank you very much for taking the time to paste those excerpts here, Dale. I really look forward to reading Mr. Hawkins' books. That was truly profound.

Dale You are most welcome, Vania. It is good for me to be reminded of these words. You set me straight again.