Julianne Frye's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: book-commercial
Read in April, 2012

This book tells the story of a young boy named Harry Potter. In the beginning of the book, strange things start happening to Harry. Both of Harry's parents passed away when he was a baby, so Harry lives with his aunt and uncle who treat him terribly. He receives hundreds of letters from a place named Hogwarts, but his aunt and uncle do not let him read them. Eventually Harry finds out that he is a wizard and travels to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry becomes a member of the house of Gryffindor, and becomes best friends with Ron and Hermione. He learns how to spells and how to fly on a broomstick, and learns that he is very good at quidditch. At Hogwarts, Harry learns the truth about how his parents die. With the help of Ron and Hermione, Harry uses his wit and courage to face Voldemort and rescue the sorcerer's stone.

I chose a Harry Potter book for my book commercial because it has been my favorite series since I was in elementary school, and it is easy for me to try to persuade other people to read them. I love the details and the depth of the plots in these stories. They definitely appeal to people of all ages.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.