Amanda's Reviews > Confessions from an Arranged Marriage

Confessions from an Arranged Marriage by Miranda Neville

F 50x66
Apr 19, 12

I wanted to give this book 4 stars, but just couldn't. My problem was with the heroine, Minerva. The book points out that there is about a 10 year age difference between Minerva, and the hero, Blake. Minerva wants to be a political hostess, the power behind. She wants reform in the time period, and is will to do just about anything to support her cause. As a former political-wannabe when I was 19, Minerva missed some of the most important points of politics--the undercurrents. I one scene, her in-laws don't want to give her the good family jewels until she produces an heir. While this rightly outrages Blake, Minerva misses it. A true politico would pay attention to the undercurrents and nuances, such as jewels, instead of glossing over it. Also, Minerva seemed wise beyond her years at some points, but was still playing silly parlor games at others. Blake also confounded me. It is obvious on the first page that he is dyslexic. I understand that he had given up on winning parental approval long ago, but with a hero that is so affable, likable, and has such a good sense of humor, I don't understand why he would still be playing these games at the age of 30. While these were serious problems to me, the dialoge was still good, and the pacing of the story was excellent. Again, it was a decent read, and I wanted to give it more stars, but the characters just weren't solid enough for me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions from an Arranged Marriage.