cosmogirl7481's Reviews > Sheltered

Sheltered by Charlotte Stein

I have a confession to make.

Wait for it…

I read a lot of smut. A lot. Good smut, bad smut, mediocre smut that I forget about the next day. Like, there are actual books on my kindle that I look at and say to myself, “What the fuck was this book about?”

With that being said, I have to say that when I saw this book on Amazon, I thought the premise looked interesting. Bad boy, good girl and all that implies. But I didn’t really expect much from it. In fact, I didn’t really even tell anyone that I was going to read it. I was not prepared for how much I immediately feel in love with Sheltered. And I did love everything about it right from the very beginning.

I loved the author’s voice. I loved Evie and her neurotic, skittish, fascinated ways. I loved that she was equally scared of and pulled to Van, the punk boy who bought and smoked pot in her neighbor’s yard. And then…then, I loved Van. In fact, love isn’t even strong enough. I think he is possibly one of my all time favorite male characters ever. Not just in erotica, but in all the books ever. I mean, we’re talking about the kind of love I have for Edward and Four and Adam. He said things like, “Evie, you don’t even know how lovely you are.” Or, “That’s it, baby. Oh you’re just spilling all over my hand.”

DEAD.

Evie never ceased to amaze me with her inability to filter herself around him. He made her feel ALL THE FEELINGS. And she was constantly bursting with the need to say and do the things she’d never been allowed to say and do. And I adore the idea of a man who can make a woman feel that way.

Their love was pure and organic. And not a single damn thing about it ever felt forced or contrived. And that was the true beauty of this book. I was completely sucked in. My heart raced when Evie’s did. It sunk right along with hers.

And the heat…holy-motherfucking-shit!!! This book was so goddamn hot, it almost melted my iPad. Seriously. Everything was new to them. And I felt like all their first times were my first times as well. And it’s been a while since I’ve had a first time for anything.

There were heavy themes in this book. But it worked to the story’s advantage. There didn’t need to be any relationship drama because both of them had enough drama of their own. This was about two people finding that one person in a fucked up world who will love them for the exact wonderful, beautiful, broken, fucked up person they are.

This story was amazing.

I will definitely read again…and again…and again.

Do yourself a favor and read it, too. You won’t b disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sheltered.

04/19/2012 page 1
04/19/2012
10.0% "I'm crazy surprised by how good this actually is so far."
04/19/2012
23.0% "OMG. This book has made me flail a million times already."
34.0% "Kduychckdochjoccjsoihcjd!!!!!!!!"
04/19/2012
60.0% "I cannot with how much I love them!!!! CANNOT!"
04/19/2012
68.0% "Van is quite possibly the best man ever. No really...EVER!"
04/19/2012
100.0% "This book surprised me beyond anything I could have hoped for. I loved it. LOVED."

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Maria C saw your tweets and now i'm reading it!

Deirdre your review totally nails this book. completely spot on to how i felt about it. thanks for tweeting about it.

message 4: by Irene (new)

Irene Going to read it this weekend, was trying to decide what book to read next and your review has drawn me in, thank you.

Angela Bee Bee the internal monologue just made me want to hug her. she thinks she's fat, that he wants to vomit after kissing her, but then we find, he's crazy about her. She is just so beat down and he shows her she's beautiful. It's lovely.

message 2: by M.v (new) - added it

M.v your review makes me want to read it and I don't even know you. niyerrrr

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley Just read this review and I want to read this book, just because of your review..