Katie's Reviews > Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John  Gray

Sep 10, 08

Read in September, 2008

This book was insulting and biased. Written from an unapologetically male perspective, it attempts to lump men and women into desired roles. The man can leave anytime he wants, and the woman, to show her love and trust (read: naivety), should go shopping. Yes, that's what his argument boils down to. I am all for acceptance, but when there are real issues that need to be dealt with, they are not fixed by saying, "Oh, that's just what men do." The "wave" section was particularly enraging as an attempt to explain away arguments and legitimate emotions through that-time-of-the-month moodiness. And the gender bias leaves no room for the non-traditional, i.e. homosexual, relationship. All a man needs is a woman, and all a woman needs is a man, right? I have news for you, John Gray: EVERYONE needs alone time, and EVERYONE should feel comfortable talking with their parter, and EVERYONE gets moody...including my father, my brother, and my man.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus.