Nick's Reviews > It's Not the Big That Eat the Small...It's the Fast That Eat the Slow: How to Use Speed as a Competitive Tool in Business

It's Not the Big That Eat the Small...It's the Fast That Eat ... by Jason Jennings

196884
Feb 03, 08

bookshelves: own-the-hard-copy, audio-book
Recommended for: fans of Blue Ocean Strategy
Read in March, 2003

This is one of the first Audible.com book I bought and also my first business book. Lots of great anecdotes on how large companies get bogged down by bureaucracy, incumbent turtles and bozos, and the absence of rules such as learning from mistakes, implementing innovation, letting the best idea win. One idea from the book (which I see appear elsewhere, and probably did not originate from the book) is what to do when you don't like your job: put up with it, leave, or try to change it. The book does give tips on how to change your corporate culture: start a crusade for change, surround yourself with others who want the change to occur.

The book gives examples of companies such as Clear Channel (whom I hate for their monopolistic business practices) AOL, Charles Schwab, Hotmail, Telepizza (a pizza chain in Europe), H&M.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not the Big That Eat the Small...It's the Fast That Eat the Slow.