J. JaeBloggs's Reviews > Heist Society

Heist Society by Ally Carter

Apr 30, 12

Read from April 28 to 30, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heist Society.

Quotes J. JaeBloggs Liked

Ally Carter
“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.”

Ally Carter
“I'm the guy who happened to be home the night Kat came to steal a Monet."- Hale”

“Its Vermeer"
Kat turned to the boy who lingered in the doorway. "It's stolen"
"What can I say?" Hale eased behind her and studied the painting over her shoulder. "I met a very nice man who bet me he had the best security system in Istanbul." His breath was warm on the back of her neck. "He was mistaken.”

Ally Carter
“How'd you get in here?"
She raised her eyebrows. “You pick pockets.” Kat watched his hand fly to his back pocket. “I can pick locks. Looking for this?” she asked, holding up his wallet. “Oops. Maybe I can pick pockets too.”

Ally Carter
“Of course, the downside of attending a fictional school is that our lacrosse team sucks.”
tags: hale

Ally Carter
“If you die of pneumonia,I'm pretty sure there are at least a dozen guys who'll try to kill me and make it look like an accident
(Hale)”

Ally Carter
“Kat," Hale groaned, then fell back onto the pillows.
"Funny, I didn't hear a doorbell."
"I let myself in; hope that's okay."
Hale smiled. "Or the alarm."
She stepped inside, tossed a pocket-size bag of tools onto the bed.
"You're due for an upgrade."
Hale propped himself against the antique headboard and squinted up at her.
"She returns." He crossed his arms across his bare chest. "You know, I could be naked in here.”

Ally Carter
“Do you understand any of this?" he said, pointing to the lines and symbols that covered the massive screens.
"Some people understand the value of an education."
Hale stretched and crossed his legs, the settled his arm around Kat's shoulders.
"That's sweet, Kat. Maybe later I'll buy you a university. And an ice cream."
"I'd settle for the ice cream."
"Deal.”

Ally Carter
“I wouldn't mind meeting a dashing thief," the woman's friend whispered. Hale winked at Kat.

Kat raised her eyebrows and whispered, "I'd like to meet one of those, too.”

Ally Carter
“W.W. Hale the Forth bought the car for Headmaster Franklin, or didn’t they mention that? Granted it was to make up for the fire that W.W. Hale allegedly started in the eighth grade before they suggested that all current and future W.W. Hales continue their education elsewhere- which worked out just as well since I’m at the Knightsbury Institute now.”
“I’ve never heard of it”
“My father got a letter just this week telling him I have become a model student”
“Congratulations”…
“Yeah, well, I’m the only student.”… “Of course the downside of attending a fictional school is that our lacrosse team sucks.”

Ally Carter
“Time, the greatest thief of all.”