Alison's Reviews > The Year of the Flood

The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood

F_50x66
Apr 19, 12

I always get taken to this weird head space when I read Atwood and it happened in this book but I have to say that, perhaps because this is the only sequel of hers I have ever read, I felt that her ideas were less original. It was interesting to revisit her post-apocalyptic world though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Year of the Flood.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer I've just finished reading Cat's Eye by Atwood and the same thing happens to me! I go into this weird mood where I've loved the book but feel quite sad and strange. Gonna read some good ol' fantasy to cheer me up!

Alison yeah she's pretty bad for that. But she also makes you roar with laughter. I picked up at Walrus and they had published a new short story of hers (I dream of Zenia) which was just hilarious... but still... you come away feeling a little bit heavier. It's because she has this terrifying ability to see right into the heart of humanity and draw out their darkest and most beautiful aspects all in one... she truly dashes Disney's "all good and all bad" perspective of the world that we are raised on.