Mymcbooks's Reviews > Peter and the Whimper-Whineys

Peter and the Whimper-Whineys by Sherrill S. Cannon

Apr 19, 12

Read in April, 2012

My Review: Peter is a small rabbit who is always whining and crying from morning till night. His mother told him if he doesn’t stop whining an old Whimper-Whineys will take him to live with them in a land far away, where he can join them in whining and crying all day.

And when he started whining and crying, standing up on his chair completing about his sister having more soup than him, he was sent off to bed. He wished he was outside and suddenly, he found himself outside in the woods in the Whimper-Whineyland. He came across a group of whineymen, sitting on the ground crying. Peter did not like their behavior when they got up to eat. They grabbed all the food, ate fast with their dirty hands kicking and shoving each other. Peter decided to leave as the whimper-whineymen was impossibly rude. He promised himself to become a happy and good rabbit. But was he able to get back home and change his ways?

This award wining book is a must have if you have small children. It is funny and educational at the same time. When children don’t have things go their way they whine and cry to gain attention. I like the illustration by the Kalpart team which helps not only to bring the story to life but helps capture the look of the whimper-whineys.

Disclaimer: As per FTC guidelines, I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peter and the Whimper-Whineys.