Lee Selwood's Reviews > Hell Bent for Leather: Confessions of a Heavy Metal Addict

Hell Bent for Leather by Seb Hunter

Apr 19, 12

bookshelves: biography, music
Read in April, 2012, read count: 2

Clearing out my books I put this to one side to lend to a friend, I read it years ago when it came out and really related to it. I decided to read it again before I gave it to him and thoroughly enjoyed it once more.

This is more of memoir than a book directly about Heavy Metal. About how a type of music can consume you when your young and shape your life. It starts off describing a love for the music in all it's forms and progresses to how it shaped his life in starting a band and hunting for fame and glory.

If your a recovered Heavy Metal fan that can still enjoy a Scorpions album whilst realising how ridiculous it all really is then there is a lot to relate to in this. If you still believe in death to false metal then you probably won't like it's light hearted digs at various factions of the Metal Genre.

I'm glad I dug this out and look forward to picking up his other books.

Incidently the Author Seb Hunter is the driving force behind making the film the Elder. As in(Music from) the Elder by Kiss regarded in many circles as one of rocks biggest mistakes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hell Bent for Leather.