NList's Reviews > Discount Armageddon

Discount Armageddon by Seanan McGuire

Apr 21, 12

Read from April 19 to 21, 2012

It did take me a while to get into this book because I had to warm up to Verity. At first, she seemed like a "know-it-all", but she did grow on me by the end of the book. Dominic, I could take or leave. He really didn't make much of an impression upon me. The world building was very good...and the cryptids were very diverse. Istas has the best lines in the book.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Discount Armageddon.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) I'm undecided about Dominic too. The world is so awesome though, I'm looking forward to the next one.

NList I really liked the world was so intricate. I don't think I have read a book with that many species to keep track of. I definitely want to meet Atimony though.

Kathy (Kindle-aholic) THere are some short stories based on other members of Verity's family on McGuire's website - some are freebies. I think they start with her great-grandparents (or thereabouts), but she's added a few. I haven't read them all yet, but I have been grabbing them. :)

I want to meet both of Verity's sibs - I think that would be cool to have them all running around NY.

Michelle Cummings Ok. Sounds like I need to read this next.